Unlocking 1P8 Mac with multiple Desktops (aka Spaces)

Options

So I'm one of the weirdos who still uses "Spaces" (virtual Desktops) on macOS even after Apple gutted the feature by removing the System Preferences panel to manage them...

I have 1Password set to "All Desktops" via the Dock so I'd expect 1Password to pop-up on any active desktop I'm currently using without switching my active Desktop.

You can see here I'm unlocking 1Password via the Firefox extension and it switches Desktops to where Safari lives, super annoying because I've lost focus on what I was browsing and logging into on Firefox.

What's causing this? Is the 1P menubar app somehow assigned to a specific Desktop different from the main app?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 80202080, on BETA channel
Extension Version: 2.1.7 (Firefox)
OS Version: macOS 11.6

Comments

• Hi @Nathaniel Daught ,

In your animation above (thanks for posting it!), is there a 1Password window behind the Safari window? Or if not, was there ever a 1Password window on that space?

Thanks,
    Kevin

• Nathaniel Daught
    Nathaniel Daught
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_kevin No, I never keep the 1Password app open in my day-to-day use... It is possible that the app has been in the same space as Safari before but it's usually on my external monitor and I have it set to "All Desktops".

Thanks

• Nathaniel Daught
    Nathaniel Daught
    Community Member
    Options

[Update] Also causing this desktop switching behavior:

• Locking 1Password via the menu bar
    • Quitting the main app
  • dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member
    Options

I've reported this as well in a different thread and yes, I'm one of those spaces weirdos as well. The issue seems to be that I'm using a second monitor; if I invoke 1PW mini on my MBP, then it opens in that same space, as Alfred and Spotlight do (and should). But on my external monitor, if I do the same thing, it switches to an open window, which is jarring.

• Thanks for that bit of information. I'll pass that along.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• AdieB
    AdieB
    Community Member
    Options

Are you on nightly builds? I had similar issues with quick access and spaces but they have been resolved.

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member
    Options

No. Just the regular beta releases. Will try.

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member
    Options

OK just updated to the nightly. No change with regard to the issue with spaces while using a secondary monitor. It still takes me away from, in this case Safari, to an open window. Not an issue if I'm using apps on spaces in my MBP's display. So it's still a bug.

This discussion has been closed.