Browser extension not autofilling logins in Chrome

Options

Hi,

I'm using the classic browser extension and it seems to have stopped working in the past few weeks. When I do command + \ it brings up the 1Password window but it no longer recognizes any website that I'm on, so it never autofills the login info. I have to manually search for the website name and copy/paste the credentials. It doesn't matter the website I try, none of them work anymore. I verified I'm on the latest version of Chrome and the 1Password app.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9 (70900000) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 11.6

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @onodera3!

In the browser extension, what is the value of the dropdown menu at the top? Is it set to Suggestions when this happens?

• onodera3
    onodera3
    Community Member
    Options

It no longer shows that, it just shows a message about installing the extension...

• @onodera3

Can you please try the following steps and let me know if this resolves the issue for you?

1. Quit 1Password completely by clicking the 1Password menu beside the  logo and choosing Quit 1Password Completely
    2. Quit your browser.
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and test again to see if the issue is resolved.
  • onodera3
    onodera3
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thanks! That didn't work exactly, but based on that I came across "Quit 1Password Completely" from the menubar app settings and that worked :)

• Great! I'm glad to hear that worked for you @onodera3 :+1:

This discussion has been closed.