Improper scaling on Firefox extension

Options

This happens quite frequently to me since I upgraded to the new version.

Nearly every time I try to unlock, the content scales too large for the window boundary.

I can still enter my password blindly and once extension unlocked the scaling issue goes away.

Here's some specs if needed:

Browser: RPM Firefox 93, also Wayland

Extension: Version 2.1.3 from addons.mozilla.org (It's been happening since the introduction of the new UI)

Resolution: 2160x1440 on 13-inch display, no scaling set by GNOME.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: Fedora 34

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @bloodhound ,
    We've received a similar report in the past but it was resolved with a Firefox update. In your case, it sounds like Firefox is already up to date.

You mentioned the issue happens frequently - does that mean it is random and does not always occur? If so, do you perhaps notice any specific steps/actions you perform before it occurs so we can try and reproduce it here?

Does restarting the computer have any effect on the situation?
    I also assume you do not have an external display connected and that you are only working with the computer's built-in display?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I have only this built-in display that has kind of awkward DPI, and rebooting does not make any difference.
    By frequent I think it's quite literally every time, and such problem did not exist before version 2.x.

It's easy to reproduce on my device.
    1. Close all Firefox windows and make sure it's not running in the background.
    2. Open Firefox, in my case the New tab show Firefox Home, and now the extension should be locked.
    3. Click on the 1Password extension icon or hit Ctrl + Period to summon the unlock page.
    Then you get this oversized page.

Just out of curiosity I tried RPM Chromium 94 and flathub.org Firefox and both do not have such issue.

• @bloodhound

I've noticed this issue on Fedora 34 previously with our stable release for 1Password in Firefox, but we've been challenged with finding where the issue is stemming from. I'm interested to know, if you use the beta version of 1Password for Firefox, does it improve your state of play?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Beta version does not help here. I tried Firefox binaries from mozilla.org and that seems to work just fine. So I guess this problem is now specific to the Fedora packaging.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the additional info @bloodhound .
    I've asked our devs to take a look at this when they can. Hopefully we'll have some new insight on this soon.

If you find any new information on the matter, do let us know.

• nfsmith
    nfsmith
    Community Member
    Options

Just want to add one more data point to this one. I was told the Beta version of 1password for Firefox might help as well and it didn't change anything. Same issue

Firefox: 94.0
    1password: 2.1.8

• nfsmith
    nfsmith
    Community Member
    Options

My current workaround is to go log in at 1password.com to unluck the browser plugin. Its really annoying

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @nfsmith ,
    Thanks for chiming in here.

We've opened a report internally to track this so I'll add your info there. So far, we've found that installing Firefox's binaries directly from mozilla.org should get things working properly. Care to give that a try?

ref: dev/core/core#10999

This discussion has been closed.