Quick access not clearing/setting clipboard contents on remote Citrix sessions

Options

I'm a Citrix consultant by day, so I'm often in customer environments doing things..

I notice that with Quick Access it doesn't always clear the clipboard in the remote session and replace it with a password I've copied from it

e.g.:

1. I'm connected to customer Citrix environment, I've probably copy/pasted a file or some text/url within the session (remote session)
  2. I need to RDP to a server, so I initiate quick access with CTRL+SHIFT+SPACE (local device)
  3. I locate the login I need, copy the password with CTRL+SHIFT+C (local device)
  4. Back on said Citrix environment, I try paste the password but whatever might have previously been copied in that session pastes instead (remote session)

To get around it I've just been pasting the password into notepad, on my local device, then copy/pasting from notepad into the remote session

If I haven't copy/pasted anything within the Citrix session then quick access works as expected

1Password Version: 8.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hi @defiant, thanks for taking the time to let us know about this, and for the detailed write-up of the issue. I don't have the ability to reproduce this one directly, so I've passed your report on to our developers for further investigation. We may need to ask a few follow-up questions at some point - I hope that's OK! We do greatly appreciate you informing us of the issue. 👍

ref: dev/core/core#10635

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @PeterG_1P, it is a bit hard to reproduce if you don't have access to a Citrix environment. I've not tried with RDP to see if the same thing happens.

If required I can record my screen to show the issue for them as well

• Thank you @defiant - if you'd like to share that screen recording, we'll certainly welcome it! You can reach us at support+windows@1Password.com, where we'll be able to acccept the file. 👍 If you do send, be sure to include a link to this conversation so we know it's you. And thanks again for surfacing this issue! It's much appreciated.

• havardf
    havardf
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @PeterG_1P - I just want to echo that I also experience this. It's what's currently keeping me on v7.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @havardf. I've added your voice to the report as well. :+1:

Ben

• havardf
    havardf
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben @PeterG_1P @defiant Just wanted you to know that this appears to be working for me again now. No issues with clipboard in Citrix anymore.

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah forgot to mention the issue doesn't exist anymore, not sure in what beta it stopped being an issue

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you both for the confirmation @havardf and @defiant, that is good to hear :)

This discussion has been closed.