A kinda floating 1P icon

Options
jmjm
jmjm
Community Member
edited October 2021 in Android

I recently upgraded to Android 12 on my phone. And since then, now appears the 1P icon anchored to the right or left side of the screen. I am not sure the purpose of it as selecting/clicking it does not launch the app. How do I remove this "addition" to the screen?

EDIT: Looking a bit further into the AUTOFILL section I see it is a 1Password shortcut (which I have now deselected).

Comments

• Hey @jmjm, thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry for the confusion regarding 1Password's Accessibility shortcut.

After Android 11, there's two Accessibility options that you can enable, the Accessibility service itself and the Accessibility shortcut. Only the service is necessary, and the shortcut does not provide anything with regards to 1Password, which is why nothing happens when you tap on it. The shortcut can instead be used for another type of Accessibility service, like TalkBack or Magnification: https://support.google.com/accessibility/android/answer/7650693?hl=en#:~:text=Choose a shortcut:,swipe with TalkBack turned on.

It seems like Android 12 may be enabling this Accessibility shortcut by default. Therefore, all you'll need to do is disable 1Password's Accessibility shortcut, as it will not do anything. It sounds like you may have done this already with your edit though 😊

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

This discussion has been closed.