Edit Shared Items - Feature Request

Options

I am an I.T. Managed Services Provider and I am constantly requesting passwords from customers.. If the world was perfect they would all be 1password customers... :). but they aren't.... If I could create a vault and call it CustomerX and then create a login request item that I could send to them and they could edit. (much like the way the new 1password sharing feature works... WHICH IS AMAZING! but with edit capabilities) that would be a huge differentiator for 1password.. It would also be the start of a vault that I would "transfer" to them when I get them to sign up with 1password. When I transferred the vault I would want the ability to maintain my permissions as a vault admin and have it also assign them to that permission when it hits their vault...

So feature in summary

Feature #1 Let them edit the shared item
Feature #2 let me transfer the vault to them

Outcomes of #1 & #2 we secure the world, we introduce the best password manager to new customers.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jakes_02!

Thank you for the feedback! I have a couple of questions for you:

Feature #1 Let them edit the shared item

Would you like their changes to overwrite your original shared item as well?

Feature #2 let me transfer the vault to them

This might be more difficult if you also "want the ability to maintain my permissions as a vault admin and have it also assign them to that permission when it hits their vault...", because this would mean that you would both have to become members of the same 1Password account (vaults can be share only by users in the same 1Password account). Would this be acceptable to you as well?

• jakes_02
    jakes_02
    Community Member
    Options

Feature # 1

yes it can overwrite but it should stay in the log like when I update a password.

Feature #2
    If I could not be a vault admin I would take as much permission as I could have. :) In most cases I don't think they would want to pay for another user to have me there... With larger deployments I can see them paying for my user.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jakes_02:

For Feature #2, I think the only option would be to be a guest in their account in the future:

Share with guests in 1Password Families

But perhaps our developers will be able to come up with alternatives as well ;)

• dimipant
    dimipant
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hi,

I was wondering if there is an update on the first suggestion "edit shared items"
    It would be great to have this option and securly receive the credentials from our clients.

Thank you.

• Hi @dimipant,

No updates on that request as this time, however, we're continually tracking interest and updating the issue with customer comments as we receive them. Thanks for taking the time to share your vote.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#973

This discussion has been closed.