1password block my input method display

Options
sc834n1S
sc834n1S
Community Member

hi, sorry about my english because it wasn't my first language

As you see,when i using Chinese Pinyin input,1password It always appears at the front, so that I can't display my input method candidate words.

just like this

!

it should be

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.4.0(80400010)
Extension Version: 1Password for Mac 8.4.0(80400010)
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1 RC

Comments

• sc834n1S
    sc834n1S
    Community Member
    Options

:(

• Ben
    Options

Hi @sc834n1S

I'm sorry for the trouble. I believe I may know what is happening. Is the problem coming from the "1Password in the browser" extension? If you disable the extension in your browser, does the problem go away?

Please let me know.

Ben

• sc834n1S
    sc834n1S
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben
    I'm using safari so..

I don't think closing the extension is a good way. It used to be an old version, I mean 1password 7 , and it doesn't have this problem.

• sc834n1S
    sc834n1S
    Community Member
    Options

• sc834n1S
    sc834n1S
    Community Member
    Options

Once I turn off the extension in safari setting , so I can't use autofill password , which means that everything is meaningless.

• sc834n1S
    sc834n1S
    Community Member
    Options

Will this be updated in the future? I hope my feedback can make a difference!

• Ben
    Options

@sc834n1S

I understand. I wasn't suggesting disabling the browser extension as a long term solution. I only mentioned it so we could confirm the source of the difficulty. From your latest screenshot it appears this is also happening with our Quick Access feature, which is a separate consideration. I've opened an issue with our development team for further investigation. Thank you for bringing the situation to our attention.

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#11011

• sc834n1S
    sc834n1S
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben I'm really grateful to consider my proposal. It's very important. For non-English-importing countries, especially Asian countries, such as China and Japan, the input method display area is needed.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome @sc834n1S :+1: If you have any suggestions that would improve 1Password for you, please let us know :)

This discussion has been closed.