How to remove a family member from the shared vault?

mattfriend
mattfriend
Community Member

Is it possible ( and if so how) do I remove a family member from the shared vault so they can't access it?
I'm probably missing something simple....

Matthew

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@mattfriend You need to go to https://my.1password.com/vaults to control vault permissions. Click on the vault you wish to modify and you'll be presented with a list of those who have access and their permission level.

• mattfriend
    mattfriend
    Community Member

Hi Rootzero:
    I had tried that before posting here, but it didn't give a way to remove or change permissions. (This is the default Shared vault).
    I finally realized that I could create another vault and also share it. The new vaults I created allowed me to customize the permissions so I moved the existing logins from the default shared to a new one and then deleted the old empty shared vault.

I hadn't realized you could have more than one shared.... so now I have one with just me and my wife, and one for me, the wife, and the two teenage kids. Now I can let my brother use the 5th account without letting him have access to our other stuff.... I really like 1Password :)

Matthew

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@mattfriend I'm glad you're getting it worked out.
    Yes, you're right the permissions for the default shared vault cannot be edited. I have re-named it "Transfer" and just use it for moving items between people's private vaults.
    Everything else is in individual shared vaults for the specific combination of family members who need access. For example: parents, son1, son2, son1+son2, parents+son1, etc.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mattfriend:

I finally realized that I could create another vault and also share it. The new vaults I created allowed me to customize the permissions so I moved the existing logins from the default shared to a new one and then deleted the old empty shared vault.

This is indeed the recommended solution if you need to customize permissions :)

This discussion has been closed.