To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Please confirm your email address

Options
ThePusher
ThePusher
Community Member

Hi

Just received what seems like a legit email from 1password asking me to "Please confirm your email address" with a verification code to enter in the email

I've never tried to create an account so it might be someone using my email for hacking purposes I guess ?

Any suggestions to stop that ?

Regards

JB

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the 1Password Support Community, @ThePusher! When someone signs up for a 1password.com account, they enter an email address they wish to use for registration. Because anyone can enter any email address at any website sign-up page, 1Password included, for security we send out a verification email containing a six-digit code to the email address that was used. The recipient must then enter that code into the sign-up page they already have open on their device, meaning: if someone can't receive email at the address they used to begin the sign-up, they will be unable to complete it and no account will be created. This process prevents malicious people from being able to sign up for 1Password accounts using any email address they choose.

Again, this email you received has not created a new account, nor made any changes to existing ones. If you already have or previously had a 1password.com account, the email you received does not affect or interact with that; your 1Password data remains safe.

• ThePusher
    ThePusher
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect, thanks a lot !

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ThePusher :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.