click on passwords default behaviour

lcorsini
lcorsini
Community Member

I encounter this problem a lot:
I generate a password copy it in my clipboard, then go to edit the entry in 1P, and most of the time, if I click on the old one it gets copied in my clipboard making me lose my new one. can this behaviour be changed? maybe to reveal, or at least open a dropdown, not put the password directly in the clipboard, maybe my flow to update a password is flawed (but actually most of the times I try to update from browser 1P says an error occurred unable to save so I have to go manually) but this created me a lot of problems

1Password Version: 8.2.2
Extension Version: 2.1.7
OS Version: macOS 11.6

Comments

• Thanks for this feedback.

I'm sure the intention is to make the view-copy-paste flow as possible. Since the new password is generated by 1Password, it should not be lost entirely. There should be a "Password" type item that was generated at the time you copied it to the clipboard. You should be able to search for this item (e.g. by creation date) and recover the lost password.

We need to look into why updating a login from the browser failed. That obviously should not be happening. If this is failing, then it is possible the "Password" item creation is also failing.

• lcorsini
    lcorsini
    Community Member

The thing is that sometimes I have to customize the pw generation or some sites have a failure path if password doesn't meet criteria that forces me to manually update the password, and there usually is the problem when I absently minded click on the old one, I'll try to make a more precise post when I'll encounter the problem again

• Thank you, @lcorsini. We'll welcome further detail and feedback should you encounter this again.

This discussion has been closed.