1Password 8 Side Bar

Seems only "All Items" appears in the sidebar. Sidebar should include (or allowed users to add) other "Categories" (like Credit Cards). And why cannot there be user-created categories...which has long been a problem with 1Password. Since 1Password 8 is supposed to be such a great advanced bit of programming, still seems to be way behind the times. Why are we "stuck" using only the "Categories" some developer thinks we need?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.4.0 80400010, on BETA channel
Extension Version: 1Password for Safari 2.1.3
OS Version: macOS Catalina (10.15.7)

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited October 2021

Hi @ucbsm1968, thanks for providing this feedback!

You can select only items of a given category from the button at the top of your item list (it will say All Categories by default). You should be able to filter any type of items you've created in this way. Is that solution helpful?

And why cannot there be user-created categories...which has long been a problem with 1Password.

I'll bring this up with our developers to see what might be possible - and thank you for the suggestion! 😀

We do appreciate hearing from you about this. I hope that as 1Password continues to evolve, we'll meet and exceed your expectations in all aspects of the app. Cheers from the 1Password team!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests/#21

• ucbsm1968
    ucbsm1968
    Community Member

I am aware of that "option" but it is not a solution, since it does not add the category to the sidebar. See 1Password 7.

• Understood, @ucbsm1968, and just to let you know - we are tracking demand for categories in the sidebar too! 👍

This discussion has been closed.