Backup/Export and Restore of Beta Version Data

Options

I have been trying out the beta and comparing it to v. 7. Am I correct that in the future the early access beta will allow the importing of data. I was able to get it to export in a 'different' format than v.7 (which I assume is the proprietary v. 8 format). Will a csv or other export format also be developed for if a user decides to move to a different password manager? (I'm loving 1Password during my trial but I need to know I would be able to export my 700+ passwords, etc. if it were ever needed into a format that could be used by other programs).

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hi @mattfriend, thanks for asking about this!

We understand that import and export functionality is important. 👍 While I can't say what version or channel of 1Password 8 will introduce this feature, it is part of the plan for the app. Ultimately we're interested in making the export options as robust as possible (which is to say, ideally better than what's currently in 1Password 7), but there's not much in the way of specifics I can share on this right now. Thank you for your understanding!

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member
    Options

I also noticed the export function used some .pux extension and nothing else. Bothering in a sense but it's not the final version yet and v7 will be still be usable in any case.

I know I've used 1 Password 4 on Windows for an extended period of time, even when version 6 was the current supported version.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks folks. As noted in the announcement

Keep in mind this is an early access so it should be used for testing and validation purposes only and is not suitable for business critical environments.

1Password 8 is a re-write using a new tech stack. It isn't expected that it has (or will have) complete parity with 1Password 7. That said, we absolutely recognize and respect the need to be able to export your data and move to a different tool. That is on the radar. Unfortunately I can't say when for sure we'll have that functionality in v8, but as J.M alluded v7 continues to have this and as of writing it works everywhere 1Password 8 works.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.