To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Transfer vault to a client's own account

Options
kateBBA
kateBBA
Community Member

I've seen a few responses on similar situations, but I'm not sure it's exactly the same so I'm asking here. We have vaults on our business account for each of our clients. If a client leaves, but they want to take their password vault with them to their own 1pw account - how do we do that? The responses I've read are to make them an owner and then have them remove us as an owner but a) does that work on two completely separate 1pw accounts? And 2) I can't make them an owner of just that one vault, right? I absolutely cannot have them have access to anything other than their company's vault.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:transfer ownership

Comments

• kateBBA
    kateBBA
    Community Member
    Options

** Please ignore my a) and 2) - it's Friday afternoon here :-P

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kateBBA!

The responses I've read are to make them an owner and then have them remove us as an owner

For future reference, this is not the recommended approach, as they will become in charge of your entire 1Password account, which I don't think is the goal. Instead, they should sign up for their own 1Password account, and simply move their data:

Move and copy items

This discussion has been closed.