Safari 13.1.2 1Pwd extension randomly does not unlock first time after Safari is launched.

romad
romad
Community Member
edited October 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Periodically when I go to unlock 1Pwd in Safari, my username and password are accepted but the "Unlock 1Password" dialog box stays active and doesn't show the website login item from the 1Password.app. When this happens I then go to the application, get the data, then enter it manually in the website's login dialog box. Once I've done this, then logins using the Safari 1Pwd extension work fine. The frustrating part is this does not happen all the time. Is there a bug in the extension?

1Password Version: 7.9 (70900001)
Extension Version: 7.9
OS Version: MacOS 10.13.6

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @romad ,

Your setup is a bit outdated, any chance you can run software update on your Mac and update your Safari?
    If not, I'd simply recommend you refresh the page after you unlock. That should work instead of opening the desktop app and copy-pasting your data.

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

Nope, Safari 13.1.2 is the last version that will work with MacOS 10.13.6. I'll try refreshing the page the next time it happens; it didn't happen today.

• Hello @romad,

I am sorry to hear that you can't update Safari further. Your computer still meets the requirements for the latest version of 1Password. If the issue reoccurs, please feel free to let us know, and we can help put things back on track for you quickly.

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

I am already running 1Password 7.9 with Safari extension 7.9.

• Hello @romad,

I am sorry for the confusion. I meant that you should be able to use the latest version of 1Password without issue, which you already did, so if the problem reoccurs and refreshing the page doesn't help, please let us know, and we can help you resolve the issue quickly.

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

OK, will do. However it is so random, I never know when it will happen next. May be tomorrow, next week, or even next month!

• Hello @romad,

Thank you very much. We are always ready and happy to assist whenever you need. However, here is another troubleshooting step you can try when the 1Password app has trouble connecting with the browser in case you need it.

Right-click on the 1Password mini icon at the far right corner of the menu bar > select “Quit 1Password Completely” > Quit all browsers > Restart your computer > Try 1Password again.

This discussion has been closed.