1Password crash v. 7.9.1 on IOS [update to 7.9.2 or update iOS if at all possible]

Comments

• hollypieper
    hollypieper
    Community Member

I rebooted both my iphone and ipad this morning. Now I see the app on the screen but when I touch it, the app enlarges, but then disappears. It happens on both of my devices

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:not opening on iphone or ipad

• @hollypieper

If you haven't already done so please consider upgrading to iOS/iPadOS 15.

Ben

• Linuxino
    Linuxino
    Community Member

Hi @Ben, thanks info for upgrade to Ios15, but for Iphone6 it's not possible to upgrade, so the solution are the version 7.9.2.

Antonio.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited October 2021

Same issue on two iPhone 6's running iOS 12.5.5 within my family.

iOS cannot be updated on these (old) phones!

Very disappointed by your (lack of) Quality Control and the bogus advice given... :cry:

• Jarbas
    Jarbas
    Community Member

Hi @Ben, I'm reading about issues and trying to fix my app on iphone 6!!

Same problem on my iPhone 6 with iOS 12.5.5.

BEN!!!! iOS cannot be updated on these (old) phones!"

• Jarbas
    Jarbas
    Community Member

I'm trying kit emergency but my iphone 6 doesn´t open the app and copy de key

"Open and unlock 1Password.
    Tap Settings > 1Password Accounts.
    Tap your account, then tap your Secret Key and choose Copy. Or tap Set Up Other Devices to see your Setup Code."

• dgreen
    dgreen
    Community Member

Same issue: Update to Version 7.9.1 for IOS on my iPhone 10 (running IOS 13.3.1) and now the App tries to load and then immediately automatically closes. This requires an update to your app as soon as possible

• Hi @Jarbas,

Do you have your Emergency Kit saved anywhere else?

@dgreen / @XIII / @Linuxino:

As @Ben mentioned, 7.9.2 has been submitted to Apple and is pending their review.

Jack

• PapaArt
    PapaArt
    Community Member

Crashes at opening screen on my iOS 12.5.5 device; please fix it now (since it obviously wasn’t tested enough pre-release!).

• Alistair
    Alistair
    Community Member

I also have discovered that the recent software update of 1Password 7.9.1 crashes on my iPhone 6 running iOS 12.5.5 (the latest possible iOS on this phone).
    Fortunately I have IPassword on my Imac that still works - but have now created a pdf copy as I am feeling very vulnerable to the vagaries of software changes leaving you high and dry!
    Hopefully a fix can come soon.

• Hi @PapaArt and @Alistair:

As I mentioned above, 7.9.2 has been submitted to Apple and is pending their review.

Jack

• dnader
    dnader
    Community Member

I have used 1password for years. today I went to open, and 1password appeared for a second and then vanishes. It wont open. there are no updates. I have an iphone XS and I was about to install ios 15.1 but have not installed yet.

Referrer: forum-search:the 1password app on my iphone XS appear for a second & then vanish. wont open

• rg1pwdcommunity
    rg1pwdcommunity
    Community Member

Just updated 1password on iPhone 6 plus to 7.9.1. Now 1password won't open. The screen flashes and then closes. From previous entries it looks like that issue occurred previously and was fixed in version 7.8.1.
    Any ideas?
    I'm running IOS 12.5.5

Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rg1pwdcommunity:

Please see this post earlier in this discussion.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dnader!

What version of iOS are you currently using?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Can the 1Password team please comment on what they will do to prevent this from happening again?

Currently it looks like not a single person in the company even tried to just start 1Password on iOS 12.5.5… :cry:

• ArcPD
    ArcPD
    Community Member

Hi this issue appeared a while ago and apple issued the above IOS update and the problem was fixed.
    The issue was that when one tapped the icon it openened and then immediately closed again.

However it has today just reappeared again ... any idea what is going on ?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ArcPD:

I have merged your question with the ongoing discussion about this, as you might not have seen it. The fix was submitted to Apple, you can find the latest update here :+1:

• coolmom4
    coolmom4
    Community Member

Hi,
    I have the 1password app on my iphone and it will not open. I need help to open the app. Please help! I am not sure what version it is.

Referrer: forum-search:looking for help app not will not open on iphone

• dnader
    dnader
    Community Member

I believe it is 14.2.

I had downloaded 15.1, but it is not installed.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @coolmom4!

Can you tell us the iOS version of your device?

• TD2021
    TD2021
    Community Member

Thanks everyone at 1Password for resolving the issue with version 7.9.2 released today!
    Everything back to normal in the space of just over 24 hours!!

• Thanks for the update @TD2021. Indeed, 7.9.2 was approved and started propagating at about 9AM ET this morning, and should resolve this issue for those who cannot upgrade iOS. Please note that we would still recommend considering upgrading to a device that is capable of running the latest iOS, as there is limited support for earlier versions.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• jkpsmith
    jkpsmith
    Community Member

This happened in Sept with the iOs update but you guys fixed it. Now the same thing is happening again.. The app will not open. Flashes open for a split second and then shuts back down. I do not have access to my passwords anywhere else. Please help!! When i try to get into my account via PC it is asking for a secret key. Dont have that. Is this another software update issue with Iphone 6?

Referrer: forum-search:the app will not open on my Iphone 6 again. It happened before and,now happening again

• rg1pwdcommunity
    rg1pwdcommunity
    Community Member

Looks like 7.9.2 is in the apple store this morning downloading now. I'll let you know how it goes.

• Hi @jkpsmith:

Please check for updates in the App Store, 7.9.2 was approved and started propagating through the App Store at about 6AM Pacific Time this morning, and should resolve the issue if you cannot upgrade iOS. As @Ben mentioned, we would still recommend considering upgrading to a device that is capable of running the latest version of iOS.

As for not having a Secret Key, as that's something of a more personal nature, we'd be best equipped to handle that over email. Please email us at support+forum@1password.com with a link to your post: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/617315/#Comment_617315 and we'll be able to see how we can best help you.

Jack

• rg1pwdcommunity
    rg1pwdcommunity
    Community Member

version 7.9.2 did the trick. On research my next issue, different password on iPhone v.s. other devices :)

• Linuxino
    Linuxino
    Community Member

With version 7.9.2 everything has been fixed. Unfortunately with Iphone6 ​​it is not possible to update, but at this point with the next release or take into account that we have old IOS, or make sure that the update does not start with old OS as happens with other software with obsolete versions, so that at least the access continues to work and that we change the terminal with a new one.
    Anyway thanks for the quick support you gave us.
    Antonio

• Thanks for the update folks. :)

Ben

• redrockets
    redrockets
    Community Member

Using IOS 13.5.1 and 1password 7.9.1 and it is CRASHING. Same as described above. Please help! Trusted 1password to store my critical data and give me access as needed.

This discussion has been closed.