Lost the extension again

Options
TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member
edited October 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Unexpected behavior all around. I went to a Safari financial website and noticed there was no 1P extension. !Password was not open, so I launched it. Safari was in full screen, 1P was not (because it doesn't remember it's state when closed). I tried to use App Switcher to go to Safari, but the application wouldn't switch. If I changed 1P to full screen, I could then switch between Safari and 1P, but of course still no extension. I'll have to use the Terminal script again if I can find it,

1Password Version: 80202072
Extension Version: 2.1.2
OS Version: 12b8

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TomWolsky:

If I changed 1P to full screen, I could then switch between Safari and 1P, but of course still no extension.

If you exit full screen from Safari, are you able to switch between the two apps?

With regards to the extension, what do you see if you open Safari Preferences > Extensions tab? Is the 1Password extension in the list, and is it enabled?

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ana,

I didn’t try the other way, I’m sorry. I’ll see if I can reproduce it.

Extensions in Safari preferences was empty. It m had disappeared, though the 1P for Safari application was still in Applications.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TomWolsky:

Can you please try installing the Safari extension once again?

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

Reinstalling from the App Store didn’t do it. I had to run the Terminal script.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @TomWolsky. We have opened a bug report with Apple on this point.

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#8822

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

The problem persists in the release version of Monterey.

1Password Version: 80400010
    Extension Version: 2.1.3
    OS Version: 12 and 12.0.1

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TomWolsky:

Indeed, I see that the bug report is still open. Thank you for the update :+1:

This discussion has been closed.