To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Please stop advertising on the main page of 1PW login screen.

mia
mia
Community Member

First it was thanksgiving and now this. Please, take an Johnny Ivian approach and do not pollute your product with advertisements. There's a time and a place to put stuff; ads and Thanksgiving notices on your main page are not one of them! It feels like it cheapens the product.
I'm already on 1Password university RSS feeds and yet I'm forced to look at every hour unless I block the element with uBlock :(

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@mia Personally, I'm not bothered by 1Password advertising related products and free online courses on their own website. People often say that they don't expect to see adverts when they pay for a product, but I think this is relatively recent thinking brought about by "free at the point of sale" apps funded by advertising and data harvesting. Historically we have paid for newspapers that were full of advertisements.

Anyway, my main reason for replying was that I was interested by your comment that you are forced to look at the advert every hour. I login to 1password.com only to make changes to shared vaults, permissions, etc. I use the browser extension for auto-filling logins and the desktop app for organising my data. So I can go for weeks without logging in to 1password.com.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mia:

Thank you for the feedback! In the meantime, I have let the developers know that you would like that bar removed :+1:

ref: dev/b5/b5#11096

• mia
    mia
    Community Member

I wrote a long & thoughtful response to both of you but it got usurped by a Chrome crash (ugh).

Thank you guys for both of your patience!

• @mia:

Sorry to hear that your response got lost, but on behalf of rootzero and Ana, you're very welcome! :smile:

Jack

This discussion has been closed.