More Not Locking Control Please

iwaddo
iwaddo
Community Member

I would love to have more options for not locking 1P.

I have two devices on my desk, my personal iMac running 1P and a Windows device for work.

The maximum 1-Hour is just long enough, I often need to type my complex 1P password several times a day yet I am at home and at my desk just not using my iMac that often, after all I am working at home.

I was thinking about how you might implement a variable and easy to use timer into the menu bar icon and Amphetamine came to mind. Using a similar approach I could change the 1P timer to suit my day with a list of options or even a custom option to pick a time for 1P to lock right from the 1P menu bar icon.

Additionally, I often wonder why I lock 1P on my desktop iMac, especially as my iMac also locks when it sleeps with an equally difficult to type password. What do others do?

Thank you for your help.

1Password Version: 8.4.0
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: 10.15.7
Referrer: forum-search:More Not Locking Control Please

Comments

• Hi @iwaddo, thanks for illustrating what you'd like to have improved in the lock behavior options here. I'll be interested in what others might think would be the key features for them as well! Meantime, we have added your request to our existing feature request around this issue. With thanks!

ref: dev/core/core#9398

This discussion has been closed.