1Password crash v. 7.9.1 on IOS [update to 7.9.2 or update iOS if at all possible]

13»

Comments

• Trey_Neal
    Trey_Neal
    Community Member

Currently running 1Password 7.9.1 on iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14.7.1 and the mobile app continuously crashes. I've taken the steps outlined above to no avail. I've been using 1Password now for years and up until the last two releases was a rock solid app that I never had any concerns over from a reliability standpoint. I've reached a point now that I am actually considering a change to a different password manager as the app constantly freezes, will not allow me to copy a password to paste anywhere, will crash completely to the home screen or will fail completely to retrieve my passwords list. This is happening EVERY time I launch the app. Sometimes, rarely, it will work. Asking a user to update to a new iOS is not really an acceptable response as there is no assurance that doing so will correct the issue.

• @redrockets

I'm sorry for the trouble. Please update to 1Password v7.9.2 and/or iOS 15 (ideally both). The problem does not exist with those versions.

Ben

• redrockets
    redrockets
    Community Member

Updating 1Password worked! Thank you very much.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome @redrockets :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Trey_Neal:

Can you try updating to version 7.9.2 please?

• Alistair
    Alistair
    Community Member

Hi Jack, Ben
    Thank you for the recent update 7.9.2 - now all up and running as normal :)
    Alistair

• Thanks for the update @Alistair. :)

Ben

• opwuser
    opwuser
    Community Member

Just to report that we're good to go here with 7.9.2 on iOS 12.5.5. Thank you dev team, @ag_ana and all involved for the quick turnaround. If prevention is being looked into that would a appreciated as well. Have a good'un.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @opwuser :+1: :)

• Trey_Neal
    Trey_Neal
    Community Member

I'm running 7.9.2 now. No other changes to my configuration. Problem persists. App freezes when I attempt to search for a login item, the internal browser will freeze after a successful login to an account, the app will crash out to the Home screen of my phone, the app will hang when attempting to launch, the app will launch but will show a completely empty list of items and only show the separator lines on the screen. The only thing consistent is that it is inconsistent. I've been a user of 1Password since October 6, 2013 and have never had issues like this. Completely unreliable on iOS.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Trey_Neal:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your iOS device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Trey_Neal
    Trey_Neal
    Community Member

It might take a moment. The app crashed when I tapped Send Diagnostics.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood @Trey_Neal, let us know how it goes :+1:

• Trey_Neal
    Trey_Neal
    Community Member

Diagnostics report #ACF-16523-175

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Trey_Neal:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: ACF-16523-175

• Trey_Neal
    Trey_Neal
    Community Member

Any results from the diagnostics report?

• @Trey_Neal

I apologize. Due to an oversight on our end it doesn't appear we've reviewed the report yet. I'm asking someone from my team to do that now and follow up with you ASAP. Thank you for checking in.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.