Offline mode indicator

Options

Currently when the application is offline, there is no clearly visible indicator shown inside the app, notifying the user that the connection to the server could not be established. This is especially inconvenient in case when 2FA is being used and the internet connection is stable, but the user forgot to confirm the 2FA request e.g. inside the Duo app.

This is what happened to one of my colleagues, who complained that the data changed by my a fellow colleague is not visible to him. After making some modifications in his 1PW app, they were not visible to others. Once he restarted the app, it prompted for the Duo 2FA confirmation, after which the changes has been propagated to the server. But there were absolutely no indicator anywhere in the app, showing that the connection to the server could not be made and/or there was an issue with the authentication.

In such cases it would be quite useful to display e.g. a conditional warning bar, showing that there is some issue with either the server connection or with the authentication itself.

1Password Version: 80400010
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @BSi

Thanks for the feedback on this. It is something I've long been advocating for, and will be happy to add your voice to. :+1:

Ben

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#333

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    Options

+1 it from me @Ben. Seems like a no-brainer for interface.

• Ben
    Options

Ok.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.