AppleWatch unlock option missing

Options
baranor
baranor
Community Member

I use the latest version of 1Password (family plan) on a 2018 MacMini, but doesn’t have an option in the settings for unlocking with AppleWatch.
AppleWatch unlock works fine though with the Mac and several other apps.
Any idea?

Comments

• baranor
    baranor
    Community Member
    Options

I use the latest version of 1Password (family plan) on a 2018 MacMini, but doesn’t have an option in the settings for unlocking with AppleWatch.
    AppleWatch unlock works fine though with the Mac and several other apps.
    Any idea?

• rudy
    Options

hi @baranor,

Thanks for writing in with your question. If you navigate to Apple menu -> About this Mac in the top left corner of your screen and then click the 'System Report…' button and then choose 'Controller' in the Apple System Profiler window, does it indicate you have a T2 security chip?

• baranor
    baranor
    Community Member
    Options

Hi rudy,
    yes, it’ a T2 security vhip working in my MacMini.

• rudy
    Options

@baranor,

And you've gone into 1Password's preferences to engage the feature? https://support.1password.com/apple-watch-mac/#set-up-apple-watch

you should see a single checkbox at the top of the security prefs to enable Apple Watch unlock, along with a pop-up menu that lets you configure how often you'd like to require your master password to continue using Apple Watch unlock.

• baranor
    baranor
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again rudy,
    what you describe is exactly what I miss in 1Password's security preferences and the reason for me to post this problem here.

• rudy
    Options

@baranor,

Ah, that would be why then, this looks like 1Password 6's preferences window. Apple Watch unlock is only available with 1Password 7 or newer.

• baranor
    baranor
    Community Member
    Options

Hi rudy,
    yes, that's the solution. I've upgraded 1Password meanwhile to version 7. Never thought about it before....

Many thanks!

• On behalf of Rudy, you're very welcome @baranor!

This discussion has been closed.