When Will 1P7 Be Shut Off

Hi,
How long will be able to to use 1P7 after the 1P8 downgrade occurs? Just wondering how long I have to find a new password manager. Looking for a product where users and user experience come first, if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• mia
    mia
    Community Member

AgileBits will never announce that publicly. My guesstimate is ~1 year.

I went from 7 > 8 and I am liking it so far with a 1PW.com account. Give it a chance. If not, BitWarden is really the only choice at the moment but it's not nearly as polished as 1PW.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

You will be able to use 1PW7 as long as your OS supports it. I doubt if AgileBits know what will happen beyond Monterey. The issue is more whether anysecurity updates are needed and provided.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You will be able to use 1PW7 as long as your OS supports it.

I think this is the most likely scenario. There are still some users who use the old 1Password 6, especially if they did not update their operating system over the years. Our recommendation is to keep 1Password updated if possible of course, but there is nothing stopping you from using an older version of the app after the new one is out, until it works on your operating system as @danco said :+1:

This discussion has been closed.