Why won't 1Password filter my passwords that start with the title "Gmail"

Options

I haven't tried any other keywords as that'll take forever but I notice when I type "Gmail" because I have quite a few emails, it doesn't filter Gmail passwords only. So, I have to scroll to find out. I tried on another password like "Discord" and it filtered my discord passwords.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: version 2.1.3
OS Version: Windows 11 Pro

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2021
    Options

@Apache:

it doesn't filter Gmail passwords only. So, I have to scroll to find out. I tried on another password like "Discord" and it filtered my discord passwords.

That is probably because other Login items use one of your Gmail addresses as username, so the search returns those too. The word "Discord" probably appears only in your Discord password.

It sounds like you need the advanced search settings for what you are trying to do. Where are you trying to search exactly? In the 1Password desktop app or in the browser extension?

• Apache
    Apache
    Community Member
    Options

I use the browser extension for 1Password. Also, I noticed two things with the extension. So, If I search the term “Gmail” through the extension's little popup box, it will filter it correctly. But, if I choose to open 1Password on the website and search through there, It doesn't filter it.

• @Apache

But, if I choose to open 1Password on the website and search through there, It doesn't filter it.

Are you referring to the inline menu that is presented in the login fields? A screen shot of what you're seeing would be most helpful.

• Apache
    Apache
    Community Member
    Options
    1. - Chrome Extension - Shows passwords titled Gmail when I type "Gmail" in the field

2. 1Password Website - Does not show passwords titled Gmail when I type "Gmail" in the field

• @Apache

Thank you for sharing the screen shots, these are most helpful! You're right, the 1password.com web app can use some tweaking to prioritize the item title over other items that also contain the search terms. I'll report this to our development team, hopefully we can improve this in an upcoming release.

ref: dev/b5/b5#14372

• Apache
    Apache
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! @ag_chantelle

• You are most welcome @Apache! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.