1password on chomebook doesn't fill in at redwoodcu.org

Options

I have a chromebook and have installed 1password in the chrome browser. Today, the website redwoodcu.org revised its home page, and 1password does not populate the user ID. On some websites, 1password can fill in the user ID if I instead click into the password box. However the password entry for redwoodcu.org is on a separate webpage after the user ID is submitted, so I can't get to the password page to fill in the password with 1password.

I have a Windows laptop as well, and 1password on Windows does work at the same revised website.

Please take a look and advise whether there is a way to use 1password on a chromebook on this website.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• @not_a_robot

I've done some testing on redwoodcu.org and I'm unable to replicate the behaviour you've mentioned. I'd like to ask you to try and save a new Login for Redwood Credit Union to see if it resolves the issue. To illustrate, I've recorded the steps I took to save a new Login. You can access the recording here. Can you try replicating these steps, with your credentials, and let me know if you're able to autofill using the new Login?

• not_a_robot
    not_a_robot
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_chantelle, thank you for your prompt attention. I was not able to replicate what you did in the recording. When I type my user name into the user name box, I'm not prompted to save to 1password, and when I click on the 1password icon in the box, it takes me back to the home screen before the login screen.

Were you using a Chromebook to do your test? I have no problem in Windows.

• not_a_robot
    not_a_robot
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_chantelle , I'm on version 94.0.4606.104 of Chrome OS.

• @not_a_robot

Ideally, it should behave the same - regardless of your OS. Can you try re-installing 1Password in Chrome and let me know if it resolves the issue for you?

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon on Chrome's toolbar > Remove from Chrome.
    2. Install a fresh copy of 1Password from here > Close and Open Chrome > Try 1Password again.
  • not_a_robot
    not_a_robot
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_chantelle , I removed and installed a fresh copy as you suggested. It did not resolve the issue. It still behaves the same.

• Hello @not_a_robot,

Thank you for getting back. I have the same ChromeOS and 1Password, and everything works for me without issue. I am not sure why we have a different experience on the same ChromeOS and 1Password versions. In this case, to ensure that we are on the same page, please go here and send us an email with a recording of what happens in the inline menu after entering your username in Redwoodcu.

After sending us an email, please send me your ticket number so I can find it and get to you quickly.

• not_a_robot
    not_a_robot
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Nhat_Nguyen ,

I clicked the link you provided and navigated to a page that says "Trouble in your browser? Which site is having trouble with 1Password?". The email feature on that page does not provide a way to attach a recording. What to do?

Also, I did not open a ticket for this issue. How do I do that? Through email?

One thing I would point out is that if I manually fill in my user name on the redwoodcu.org website, it will take me to the next page where 1Password will autofill the password. It's the user name box only that doesn't get filled in by 1Password.

Tonight I came across the download page for Chrome OS in the 1Password website, https://1password.com/downloads/chrome-os/. That's not the 1Password installation on my Chromebook. I installed 1Password from the Chrome Webstore. Should I be using the download from the 1Password website instead?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@not_a_robot:

The email feature on that page does not provide a way to attach a recording. What to do?

You could send a cloud link in the message, instead of attaching it, especially if the file is heavy.

Also, I did not open a ticket for this issue. How do I do that? Through email?

Yes, either by emailing us, or by writing via the contact form that you saw. After sending the message, you will get a ticket number :+1:

That's not the 1Password installation on my Chromebook. I installed 1Password from the Chrome Webstore. Should I be using the download from the 1Password website instead?

If you click on the Download 1Password button on our downloads page, you are taken to the Chrome Webstore, so it's the same thing ;)

• not_a_robot
    not_a_robot
    Community Member
    Options

The ticket number to my issue is #VBV-71598-431. Here is a link of the screen recording I posted to Youtube: https://youtu.be/YNJa9JwiM50.

• Thanks @not_a_robot. I see that our colleague Miles has responded and opened up a report with our development team. Let's continue the conversation via email.

ref: VBV-71598-431

This discussion has been closed.