Touch id with 1Password 8

When I open 1Password 8 the program opens with the sign in screen for me to type in my password or click on the touch id image and then I can use my finger to open the program.

I wish when I open the program I didn't have to click on the touch id image in order to use the touch id. Can the touch id automatically prompt me to use my finger to I don't first need to click on the imagine before I use my finger?

This extra step is not necessary.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.2.2
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: 11.6
Referrer: forum-search:login

Comments

• AdieB
    AdieB
    Community Member

On the build I'm on (latest nightly) then the touch id / watch prompt appears automatically to unlock - no clicking required.

• klakulak
    klakulak
    Community Member

Now it is working when I updated to 8.4. I assumed the program would automatically install the updates. Thanks for your help. Matt

• Glad to hear 8.4 has improved the situation. Thanks for the update! :+1:

Ben

• Arthur Lockman
    Arthur Lockman
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

I'm on what appears to be the latest beta (80400002, on BETA channel) and I'm still having this problem, actually. Here's a link to a diagnostics report: [removed]

Not sure what else you need to diagnose this but happy to provide it!

• noktulo
    noktulo
    Community Member

I'm running 80400019, on BETA channel and am having to enter my password every time, no Touch ID prompt.

• fletchni
    fletchni
    Community Member

I am also running 8.4.0 (80400019) and and confirm this is inconsistent. So far I cannot find any logic to recreate on demand.

Sometimes I need to click on the Touch ID Icon (which also indicates that AppleWatch integration is not working), other times I get the Touch ID on the TouchBar and my watch directly.

• noktulo
    noktulo
    Community Member

I don't even get the icon.

• Hi folks,

We have made some improvements in this regard but I am still seeing some inconsistencies with biometrics and Apple Watch unlock. I've filed an issue for our team to investigate further. I'd be interested to hear: if you switch to the nightly build are things any better? You can do so in 1Password > Preferences > Advanced > Release channel, if you'd like to give it a try.

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#11009
    ref: dev/core/core#10725

• urbanherder
    urbanherder
    Community Member

I switched to nightly and still not getting the TouchID / Watch options in preferences.
    8.4 (80400033)

• urbanherder
    urbanherder
    Community Member

I got this to work by running the installer again. Now watch and TouchID are working as expected

• Thanks for letting us know, @urbanherder. We appreciate the info!

• Andrew2
    Andrew2
    Community Member

Thanks @urbanherder, reinstalling solved this issue for me also.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That is great to hear @Andrew2 , thank you for letting us know :)

• REBELinBLUE
    REBELinBLUE
    Community Member

I was on the latest beta and was having this problem, just switched to NIGHTLY after reading this thread and now I get the Apple Watch prompt as soon as I open 1password

• That's awesome news, @REBELinBLUE, thank you. 😃

Ben

This discussion has been closed.