Bug: Browser extension shows matching entries from all vaults instead of selected one

Options

Bug: when showing entries to select on an input field the (Safari & Firefox) browser extensions show matching entries from all vaults (so also from family members) instead of the single vault I selected in the settings of the extension.

1Password Version: 80400033 (Nightly)
Extension Version: (Safari) 2.1.3
OS Version: macOS Big Sur 11.6.1

Comments

• Hi @XIII!

I'd like to confirm that we're on the same page here as far as which extension settings we're talking about. When you say you've selected a vault from the settings of the extension, are you referring to the vault selector in the settings slide-over view within the extension popup:

screenshot of settings slideover menu in the extension popup window

Or the "Accounts & Vaults" section of the extension's settings page:

screenshot of accounts and vaults section of the extension's settings page

If you're referring to the former (vault selector in the slide-over menu), that selector only influences what's shown within the extension's pop-up. Items considered for being suggested within the page are chosen from All Vaults, and you can control which vaults are included there with the toggles in the "Accounts & Vaults" section of the settings page (the latter screenshot).

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

I set the former and expected it to influence suggestions as well.

The label in the second dialog is "Include in All Vaults" which does not indicate that this influences fill-in suggestions.

That would only make sense if one knows that the extension always uses "All Vaults" for fill-in suggestions.

I did not know that and it makes no sense to me... (I'd rather see a label "Include in Fill-In suggestions" then)

• Yeah, that's a fair point. I can understand why that would be confusing, and I'll make sure I file an issue internally to see if we can make this better.

Please do let us know if you run into any other issues / have any further feedback :smile:

This discussion has been closed.