On Mobile, push notification banner with no information will not close.

Currently, I am using a Google Pixel. There was a push notification sent by one password with no details and is not clickable and will not close even if all notifications are disabled.

Occasionally it will display a message saying it finished sync but usually the message is blank.

I have tried resetting the phone, swiping the notification away, turning off all notifications, and reviewing other wiki posts.

1Password Version: 7.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 11
Referrer: forum-search:Banner won't close

Comments

• Hey @randomuserisrandom, thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by the sync notification.

We've had a few other users report the same behaviour, which seems to be a bug from one of the newest versions of 1Password for Android. Our development team is already aware and is actively working on a fix.

In the meantime, reinstalling 1Password for Android has resolved the issue for others. Could you go to 1Password.com via browser and confirm all of your data is present and up to date before reinstalling the Android app?

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#1458

• nealhead
    nealhead
    Community Member

@ag_audrey I just did a reinstall on Android (beta) and the notification came back pretty much instantly.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@nealhead:

Sorry to hear this, but thank you for letting us know! Hopefully the developers will find a way to get to the bottom of this soon :+1:

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

I am having the same issue. It started about a month ago or so. I constantly see the 1p icon in the notification area which would not go away, even if I try manually dismiss it

• namiaro
    namiaro
    Community Member

It's fixed in the latest beta 7.9.1.BETA-2.

• Hi @namiaro,

Thanks for confirming that you've seen the fix!

Preet

This discussion has been closed.