1password crashes on open

DLoeb
DLoeb
Community Member
edited November 2021 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi, I've been using 1password on my macbook for years and all of a sudden it is crashing. I can open it but when I try do do anything (Click on an entry or search, etc) it immediately crashes. I tried updating but it gives an error "could not understand response from server". My files are there but I can't access them. I have important password info stored and need access to it. What can I do to get this going again?
Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DLoeb!

What version of the 1Password app are you currently using, and on what operating system?

• DLoeb
    DLoeb
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick response.
    My 1password version is 3.8.21
    I'm on a 2011 macbook pro with Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6
    I realize these are old but it was working fine just a few weeks ago and now isn't. I haven't changed anything since then as far as I know.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DLoeb:

Thank you for the confirmation. 1Password 3 has indeed not been updated for several years now, I am actually surprised that it was still working for you. Our recommendation will be to update to the latest version of 1Password (version 7 at the moment) to make sure you use a supported app moving forward.

Please reach out to our sales team at sales@1password.com so they can get you up and running with the latest version of 1Password, so you can import your existing data there.

After you have sent the email, please post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.