Localization about Windows App to Japanese

Hi. I want to improve the localization in Japanese. I can get the file "Localizable.strings" from the macOS version, but is there any such file with the Windows version?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ticksgt, thanks for this question. I'm not quite sure of the specifics of Japanese localization, so I'll look into this further on your behalf. I hope to have more for you soon. Thanks again for asking!

• PeterG_1P
    edited November 2021

Hello @ticksgt, thank you for your patience as I gathered information on this.

In short, we have switched from volunteer localizers to a paid localization service. While we hope that this will provide a high level of quality across languages, if you would like to offer suggestions on how we might improve that Japanese localization, you can email us at support@1Password.com and we'll be happy to pass on your suggestions. And that feedback is always very welcome!

Thank you again for getting in touch, and we really appreciate the offer to help improve 1Password! 😃

• ticksgt
    ticksgt
    Community Member

Hi @PeterG_1P .

In short, we have switched from volunteer localizers to a paid localization service.

After upgrading to 1Password 8 for Windows, there is no locale option for Japanese. Is there any schedule for adding Japanese localization?
    I recommended 1Password Business to my office, and we tested 1Password 7 in my department.
    We are hoping to buy 1Password to use before the end of the 2021/12/16 sale.

• Hi @ticksgt,

We do apologize but we had to remove the Japanese translations as it didn't meet the quality standard for public use. We're working on improving it as we speak but we do not have a timeframe.

I recommend that you get in touch with our business sales team to get more details if you haven't yet.

This discussion has been closed.