1pw Windows recent change in behaviour

Options

I have the 1pw browser extension installed in Firefox (v.93.0, just updated to v.94.0 as I was typing this) for a long time now. I installed the 1pw Windows app about 1 month ago. 1pw mini had been available from the device tray. When I would click on the 1pw icon in my browser to unlock it, the 1pw Windows unlock screen would pop up for input.

I noticed yesterday that when I try to unlock 1pw in the browser I only get the 1pw extension unlock window. I did not see the 1pw icon in the device tray either. I installed v.7.9.825 yesterday thinking that may resolve the issue. I got one install dialogue (yes/no to proceed). Nothing else. I get to response when I click on the 1pw app icon.

Did something change with 1pw? I know from time to time I have noticed that the extension layout changes now and again, without any explicit warning.

1pw is enabled to start with Windows. After clicking on the 1pw app icon, there is no open process in task manager.

What else should I check for?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.9.825
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: Win 10 PRo 21H1

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@numbers In the browser, click on 1Password extension icon -> Settings -> Settings. In the General section, is "Integrate with 1Password app" set to on?

• PeterG_1P
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hi @numbers, it sounds like something may not be quite right here. @rootzero's suggestion to check on the "Integrate with 1Password app" is a great start, and if you'd like us to investigate further, we'd be happy to - especially since 1Password's process should show up in the Task Manager after you've clicked the icon.

If you can message us at support+windows@1Password.com, our team will be happy to dive in and establish the state of your setup and whether anything needs repair. 👍

(Oh, and if you do email us over there, be sure to include a link to this thread so that we can tie that ticket back to your original report here!)

• numbers
    numbers
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @rootzero & @PererG_1P,

I forgot to mention that I did have and still do have that integration set to on.

I will send an email to support soon. At least 1pw is still usable. I have been using 1pw without the Windows app almost all year now.

Thanks again.

• Sure thing, @numbers. We shall await your message! 😀

• numbers
    numbers
    Community Member
    Options

My two problems are now solved.

FYI just a quick rundown, omitting some details....

!password support had me send a copy of the log files. It looked like my local database had been corrupted somehow. I had to recreate my local data. After a reboot, the 1pw icon showed up in the system tray. 1 of 2 problems solved.

Next I had to log into the 1pw Windows app for the "first" time to rebuild my local data. My vaults were still there, just like before I started this reset. I now logged out.

I tried logging into the 1pw browser extension. It did not bring up the Windows app. The integration slider was ON. I turned it off, logged out and rebooted. I logged back into the extension and turned the integration ON, logged out and rebooted for good measure. When I tried logging into the extension again, it did bring up the Windows app. There is 2 of 2 problems solved.

Support was quick in getting back to me with the steps to try. I just enjoyed part of my evening away from the computer before applying them.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @numbers! I am glad to hear that you managed to solve both of the issues already :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.