cli edit other items

Options
Corval
Corval
Community Member

trying to update other items using this " op edit item [uuid number] [other items.]Policy=Test " but does not work

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cli edit other items

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Corval!

does not work

Can you elaborate? Do you get an error message perhaps? If so, what does the error message say?

• Corval
    Corval
    Community Member
    Options

I can sign in no problem and i have managed to list items before. So the next stage is to amend/update the record . I enter as above and then i get this . What i don't understand is the format of the command i seen the full documentation but still don't know if what i am doing is correct.

• Justin.Yoon_1P
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hello Corval,

Thanks for providing the screenshot, I'm a developer that works on the 1Password CLI and I think I can be of assistance.

I understand that the example includes square brackets wrapping the section like the following: [<section>.]<field>=<value>

The square brackets around the section part represents that it is an optional field.

So you can supply a command such as: op edit item [uuid number] "other items.Policy=Test"

or if the Policy field name is unique for the item, then you can simply omit the section, such as: op edit item [uuid number] policy=Test

Note that spaces can be omitted in section and field names when specifying an assignment, and also that it is not case sensitive for your convenience.

I hope this approach works out for you, and please do not hesitate to reach out to us again if you run into additional issues!

• Corval
    Corval
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

Thanks for that it worked .

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Justin, you are very welcome @Corval! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.