1password safari edit extension not opening login entry on ipad with bluetooth keyboard connected

phil627
phil627
Community Member

Reposting this here - can you please update this with the answer you provided in emails to me so that this can be documented for reference for others to see as well ? (Re asking Apple to provide a radar fix)
I am on ipad ios15.02 using safari. When i open 1password via extension and hit Edit button to modify a login entry, the entry will not open up. I just get a new blank tab. If i disconnected my bluetooth keyboard, and try again the login entry opens up as expected after i get the “open up in 1password question”. Why does it not work when my bluetooth keyboard is connected to ipad ?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ios 15

Comments

• Hi there,

This was the reply via email:

Thanks for sharing this feedback! This is a known issue relating to the implementation of Bluetooth keyboards on the iOS side of things. We've filed a Radar with Apple for them to look into and fix up this issue - in the meantime, I would suggest editing items from within the 1Password app.

I apologize that I don't have better news on this front. Let me know if you have any questions, or if I can help out with anything else. Your friend at 1Password,

And the report we've filed with Apple is ID 9614761. I hope that helps!

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#9873

• phil627
    phil627
    Community Member

Perfect - thanks

• You're welcome. :)

Ben

• phil627
    phil627
    Community Member

Hi Ben, I had a call with Apple just now. They don’t recognize any bug report numbered 9614761. Is that report number correct? They suggest I circle back to you guys as they don’t recognize the problem report.

• phil627
    phil627
    Community Member

Can you guys contact Apple directly to see if they accept this as a valid problem for them to action??

• @phil627,

The feedback number @ben quoted is correct. I'm sure Apple support is trying to look up that number in the customer support system rather than the development tracking system. Apple's development side is aware of the bug and it does not have a resolution at this time.

This discussion has been closed.