"Related Items" question

Options
sjn_ns
sjn_ns
Community Member

1P now seems to have restored the old option to 'embed' related files (e.g. photos, documents, etc) directly into individual vault items - rather than automatically separating them and cluttering vault lists, as was done by an earlier update.

Just so I'm clear before I clean up the mess left by that earlier update, here's how I understand the latest 'Related Items' options:

• 'Link Existing' - creates a link to a selected item that is already visibly present in the same vault.

• 'Add New File' - in effect, 'imports' a selected external file into the active vault item, without creating a separate visible reference to it in the vault items list. In other words, functionally restores the original (visually much tidier) implementation.

I'll still have to locate and re-import many files back into their original vault items (and clean up the redundant 'strays') - which will be tedious - but the process itself seems to work well.

Is there anything major I'm missing?

Thanks

S

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.14.6

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sjn_ns:

'Link Existing' - creates a link to a selected item that is already visibly present in the same vault.

'Add New File' - in effect, 'imports' a selected external file into the active vault item, without creating a separate visible reference to it in the vault items list. In other words, functionally restores the original (visually much tidier) implementation.

That correct :+1:

This discussion has been closed.