Password generator access via Quick Access in 1password 8 beta for Mac

kzolnowski
kzolnowski
Community Member

Hi,

I'm missing one feature which was available in 1password 7 - I'm generating a lot of passwords in my day-to-day work and I was using shortcut option+cmd+\ and then cmd+n generated a new password for. It was accessible system wide (I'm using text editor a lot). I know that I can generate new password using browser extension but it's not enough for me. Is there any chance to add this feature to 1password 8?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.2.2
Extension Version: 2.1.0
OS Version: macOS 11.6

Comments

• @kzolnowski The new shortcut for this view is "Cmd+Shift+Space". However, it does not currently have a feature for generating passwords.

Can you share a bit more about your use case? Are you generating passwords that will be saved in 1Password or are you generating them and using them externally?

If you are sharing them externally, the new Item Sharing feature may be helpful. https://blog.1password.com/psst-item-sharing/

• adamjb
    adamjb
    Community Member

I have the same need for using the password generator in 1Password Mini. I use it to generate passwords for clients that I don't save in 1Password all the time. Another horrible downgrade in 1Password 8.

• kzolnowski
    kzolnowski
    Community Member

@K.J._1P Thank you fo your answer. I usually generate a password for new employees and have to send it to them somehow. In my case, generating passwords that save themselves in 1password (as a single password) and the ability to share are a perfect combination. I just need the functionality of generating passwords outside the browser plugin preferably with some kind of keyboard shortcut.

• Thanks @kzolnowski for this additional details about how you used the feature. I've added your request and the details about how you use the feature and why it's important to our internal tracker for review. Cheers!

• kzolnowski
    kzolnowski
    Community Member

@K.J._1P Thank you! :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of @K.J._1P, you are very welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.