Suggestions for different way to use 1Password

Options
BikerBob38
BikerBob38
Community Member

I have been using a free iPhone app called Key Ring to store and use my store loyalty cards, library cards, Medicare card, etc. I had about 15 different cards stored.

Each time I have done a major iPhone update, however, as in moving from iOS 14 to iOS 15, all my cards disappear and I have to dig them all out and photograph them all over again.

This has gotten to be very annoying so I wonder can any of you smart users of 1Password come up with a way to store photos of such cards in 1P for quick and easy access/use?

One way that came to mind was to enter each card as a new credit card, by taking photos of the front and back of each card and adding those photos to the entry for that card under .

I was hopeful that perhaps some other, more experienced users of 1P might be able to put me on to an even more elegant way to use 1P for this purpose.

Many thanks.

1Password Version: 7.9
Extension Version: 7.9
OS Version: macOS 11.6.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BikerBob38!

This has gotten to be very annoying so I wonder can any of you smart users of 1Password come up with a way to store photos of such cards in 1P for quick and easy access/use?

I personally use Document items for this:

Save important files in 1Password

One way that came to mind was to enter each card as a new credit card, by taking photos of the front and back of each card and adding those photos to the entry for that card under .

If you want to have everything inside the same entry, you can use attachments instead, so the document is added directly to the credit card item instead of a separate document.

• BikerBob38
    BikerBob38
    Community Member
    Options

While waiting for a reply, I explored 1P further and decided to treat each card as an Identity and it works perfectly.
    Thank you for the feedback!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @BikerBob38! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.