View Item History??

fultonm
fultonm
Community Member

Hi I want to view an item's history. I changed the password this morning and now I may still need the old password. The help documentation says "Click the item and then click View Item History." If that option was actually there I wouldn't be reading the help article or on this forum hahaha. So, where is it in my version of 1password?

1Password Version: 8.3.0
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Fedora 35 Workstation x86_64

Comments

• Hi @fultonm!

The View Item History feature mentioned in this support guide is available when signed in to your account on 1Password.com, rather than in the apps.

However, it is possible to see the password history of an item from within the app itself. After selecting an item in your vault, the View password history option can be accessed from the dropdown arrow to the right of the password field.

• fultonm
    fultonm
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

Thank you for your reply!

I see, on some 1Password items there is an option to restore previous passwords using the dropdown arrow next to the password. In my case the item is an "Email" account and the passwords on this item do not have the same option as a "Login" item as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Just to check, I edited this password just now to make sure a change was made and there is still no previous history option. Also, the extension version of 1password in Firefox has the same behavior.

Is my old password gone forever?

• Hi @fultonm:

For your Email Account item, accessing the history there would be done using the View Item History as mentioned here: View and restore previous versions of items

Jack

• fultonm
    fultonm
    Community Member

Sorry, I still can't find this feature on the app. I don't have "View Item History" as described on this. I see that I can log in to the website, but is there really no way to access my item or password history on any one of my apps, whether its desktop, iOS, or browser extension? If not, I'd like to submit a feature request if it's something the team thinks is feasible. In general, I find it confusing when application features are fragmented on several different versions/platforms of the application

• Hi @fultonm:

As mentioned, "View Item History" is currently only available on 1Password.com. I can definitely see how it would be useful to have Item History available on the desktop apps, so I've added your input as a feature request. Thanks!

Jack

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#1044

This discussion has been closed.