To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

moving back to standalone vault

davey0064
davey0064
Community Member

I currently have both a licensed version of 1password and a 1password.com account. I would like to move back to just using the standalone vault. I have everything synced up. Is there anything else I need to be made aware of before I cancel my subscription?

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 15.17 and iOS 15

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@davey0064:

I have everything synced up. Is there anything else I need to be made aware of before I cancel my subscription?

Standalone vaults will not be supported in the future, so you won't be able to upgrade to future versions of the 1Password app on your devices. In addition to this, you will have to use the classic browser extension instead of the latest 1Password in the browser extension, in case that's the one you were using:

Get the 1Password classic extension

• davey0064
    davey0064
    Community Member

I am fine with continuing with version 7, though I would like to know how much longer that will be supported with bug fixes and security updates. I do realize that I will have to go back to the classic browser extension. I made a purchase of a piece of software and, at this time, don't see the value for me in moving to the alternate subscription-based model. My question was about any issues I should be made aware of prior to moving back to the stand-alone version.

• Hi @davey0064:

The short version is we simply don't have an answer on what future support for 1Password 7 will look like after 1Password 8 launches. What I can provide as an example is after the launch of 1Password 7 for Mac, 1Password 6 for Mac received zero updates, security or otherwise. While past behavior doesn't define the future, it certainly can be helpful.

Additionally, we can't guarantee that functionality will continue to remain as expected as operating systems and browsers make updates. For example, if iCloud or Dropbox were to make a change that we haven't accounted for, syncing may not function as intended.

My question was about any issues I should be made aware of prior to moving back to the stand-alone version.

That isn't a path that we support at this point, and so the above thoughts are not exhaustive. This isn't a scenario we officially test for, and so there may be additional sharp edges that we aren't aware of.

Jack

• davey0064
    davey0064
    Community Member

When I created an account I did not realize that licensed users were able to get discounts. I really just wanted to try it out. Does this still hold true for me since I already created a 1passoword.com account? Just info that would be nice if I reconsider.

• @davey0064:

Please reach out to my colleagues at support+tradein@1password.com, as they'd be best equipped to discuss what would be applicable in your situation.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.