To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Standalone Licence keeps asking me to sign in

Hi, I have had a standalone 1Password Licence for ages now, but have just installed 1Password on a new Mac and synced my vault to Dropbox... however the browser extensions in Safari and Chrome keep asking me to sign in to a 1password account when I try to access 1password via the browsers.... can anyone explain how to stop this from happening? Having a standalone licence means I dont have a login for 1password, ie its not a cloud based subscription account.

I cannot find any help files on this subject at all.

Thanks
Dan

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @thunderstarter!

Have you applied your license to this 1Password app already? You can check this by opening the 1Password app, clicking on 1Password 7 next to the Apple logo, and selecting License... from there.

• To add to what Ana said: did you install 1Password from the Mac App Store? The App Store version is only compatible with 1Password membership, which will be the way to use 1Password going forward. If you have a 1Password 7 license and would like to use that for the time being, you can download v7 from our website:

https://1password.com/downloads

Ben

This discussion has been closed.