Why do we even have to enter a password?

Options
ran_1020
ran_1020
Community Member
edited October 2021 in iOS

My purchased license was made worthless when I upgraded to iOS 15, which sucked, but I subscribed because it’s a uniquely good product. So the extension thing is supposed to be better than before with share sheets? Why do I ever have to enter a password? I never did before. That’s why the phone recognizes faces. If the 1Password app uses face recognition every time and never enters a password, how does it make sense that the extension ever has to? It doesn’t help me security wise. Passwords are actually less secure than biometrics. So why do I have to enter it at all? With the copy/paste bug, the annoying pop ups, all my contacts duplicating upon upgrade - I figured I would get a better product with the subscription model.

It posted this twice - not sure why, but I can’t delete it.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ran_1020!

You should be able to unlock the Safari extension with biometrics too, if you are already unlocking the main 1Password app with Face ID. Can you post a screenshot of what you see when you tap on the extension icon?

It posted this twice - not sure why, but I can’t delete it.

No worries, I will remove the duplicate discussion for you :+1:

• ran_1020
    ran_1020
    Community Member
    Options

Sure:

• Hi @ran_1020,

Thanks for that screenshot. 1Password for Safari on IOS does require your password the first time you unlock it after restarting your device. However, Face ID or Touch ID is available after unlocking at least once.

Jack

• ran_1020
    ran_1020
    Community Member
    edited October 2021
    Options

Right, but then again when the time limit set in the 1Password app runs out. Before I never had to.

• leturner
    leturner
    Community Member
    Options

I find that 1Password in safari iOS never remembers me and always requires my password.

I've even gone out to find the 1Password App and login or Face ID open the app, then return to safari hoping it would 'jog' the 1P extension loose. But alas. no luck.

This discussion has been closed.