Specific question on importing a vault from Enpass

toaDE
toaDE
Community Member

Hello

I signed up for 1password and wonder if anybody could answer a very specific question. I want to migrate away from Enpass which I use until now. In that app's vault I store a number of files.

Is it possible to import this in one go? I don't want to mess around too much with workarounds and stuff.

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2021

Hi @toaDE!

If Enpass allows you to export your data in CSV format, you can then import the entire file in 1Password:

Move your data into your account on 1Password.com

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @toaDE !

Is it possible to import this in one go?

I don't know how the export works in Enpass. If they only have a csv file, then there will be no files in it. So you have to export all files from Enpass and import them into 1Password.

• toaDE
    toaDE
    Community Member

So you are confirming that 1Password can indeed save files in the vault? Accessible from all devices and applications?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

So you are confirming that 1Password can indeed save files in the vault?

Yes! 1Password is able to save files in vaults. You can import them as documents or attach them onto entries like logins or maybe software licenses. :)

• Thanks for the assist @DenalB!

Yes, that's exactly right @toaDE, you can attach your files to 1Password items, or upload them separately to the Documents category.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.