change vault password

i just started using 1PW last week and didn't recognize there was a difference between the pc app vault and the account. I would like to change the vault password to match the account password (won't be sharing vault at this time). How can I reset the vault password ? Thanks in advance

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 7
Referrer: forum-search:change vault password

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@heylmg If you create a 1Password account on a device that hasn't previously been used with 1Password then the app should unlock with the 1Password account password.
    Have you previously used 1Password to create a local vault? Have you since moved all your passwords to the 1Password account?

• @heylmg:

As rootzero said, with a 1Password account, there isn't a vault password, just the account password for your 1Password account.

Jack

• heylmg
    heylmg
    Community Member

Thanks to both for responding -
    I can open my account at 1Password.com with one password. The icon on my Windows desktop (titled "1Password 4" which opens an exe in c:\program files\1Password 4) opens by saying enter your password for your vault - and it will not open with the account password. I can open it - but with a different password.
    I have never used 1Password before. I did import logins from Dashlane and then deleted Dashlane.
    Is there a solution ? Kind of frustrating to need two passwords to open 1Password.

• Hi @heylmg:

Thanks for the specifics there. Since it sounds like we'll need to take a closer look at what's going on with your specific setup, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• heylmg
    heylmg
    Community Member

[#FHP-24976-459]

• @heylmg:

Great, thanks, I've located your email in our system, and we'll be in touch after we've taken a look at what's going on.

Thanks!

ref: FHP-24976-459

This discussion has been closed.