Multiple SSID/Network Name & Password support for “Wireless Routers”?

Options
BaronKrause
BaronKrause
Community Member
edited November 2021 in Lounge

The Wireless Routers section is very handy, it lets you store your routers account access and network login. But what about if you have multiple SSIDs? Even most basic home routers will let you make a separate guest network name and password.

Right now you can tack on additional password or note fields but it would be nice to see official support for adding additional SSID/Network names, possibly adding in an additional group of “network name”, “wireless security” and “wireless network password” when adding a new “SSID”.

Just something I was thinking about when I was adding in a few wireless router entries today, most of which had multiple SSIDs.

Thanks!

Comments

• BaronKrause
    BaronKrause
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

Also in case any Devs are reading this, would it be possible to add additional "Network Security" fields? Its the one field in the template that cant be added. I know we can add new text fields, call them network security and set the name manually and be done with it (that's what im doing for additional SSID's), but it would be nice to have the drop down menu when selecting them.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BaronKrause!

Right now you can tack on additional password or note fields but it would be nice to see official support for adding additional SSID/Network names, possibly adding in an additional group of “network name”, “wireless security” and “wireless network password” when adding a new “SSID”.

Have you considered using a custom section and custom fields for this?

Customize your 1Password items

This discussion has been closed.