Issues with 1Password in Chrome when using multiple profiles

Options

I have two Chrome profiles, one for work and one for personal use.
I set up the 1Password extension in Chrome for both profiles (probably a year or more ago). The profiles have different users in 1Password since the passwords in there are either my passwords, or something related to work.
I always have more than 1 Chrome windows open (at least one using each profile) and always used to simply click on the 1Password extension in each to login to their respective 1Password accounts with no issue.
Now however (don't know what version this happened in, but sometime between end of July and now) this is not possible. When I click the 1Password extension in the first Chrome window, it shows an "Open 1Password button", which I press. This opens a small 1Password window where I log in. This window will only accept the master password for my personal 1Password account (even though I pressed the work 1Password extension). Now the personal 1Password extension unlocks and I can use 1Password in my personal Chrome windows. However the one in my work Chrome windows is still locked. Pressing on that extension shows the same "Open 1Password button" which I press and nothing happens. So basically I'm unable to unlock the extension in my work Chrome profile.
Please fix this, I love using 1Password, and this stops me from using the 1Password Chrome extension for my work profile. Instead I now have to open the Windows 1Password app, search for the login there, and copy the url, username and password to Chrome whenever I need 1Password.

1Password Version: 7.9.825
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: Windows 10 (19043.1288)

Comments

• @Hjalti

To confirm, which 1Password account do you have associated with the 1Password for Windows app on your PC?

The reason I'm asking is because we released a feature we call Shared Lock State. This allows 1Password in the browser to share the lock state with the 1Password desktop application - exciting stuff! However, that changes the locking behaviour of 1Password in the browser. You'll need to unlock 1Password in the browser with the Master Password you'd use to unlock the 1Password desktop application. That may be more info than you need, but I wanted to give some context.

• Hjalti
    Hjalti
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_chantelle
    The 1Password account associated with the 1Password for Windows app on my PC is my personal account, and that is the only account I can use to unlock 1Password in Chrome.
    Shared Lock state sounds like a really nice idea. Could that be what is blocking my 1Password in Chrome (work profile) from working. Is it trying to interact with the 1Password for Windows and since it's a different account, nothing happens?
    Is there something I can do to get around that? 1Password is something I use multiple times a day, on my phone, and in my computer and I really love it, but this has been making it really hard to use when working.

• @Hjalti

That's right, both profiles will interact with 1Password for Windows when integration is enabled. If you want to still keep work separated from your personal account, the following steps will help:

1. From your work profile, right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults sign out of your personal account.
    4. Click Sign in to an account and follow the prompts to sign into your work account.

This will restore behaviour in this profile back to what it was prior to integration being enabled.

• Hjalti
    Hjalti
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_chantelle
    That worked! Thank you so much :)

• Brilliant, @Hjalti! I'm delighted to hear we were able to help guide you back to calm seas! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.