Remembering categories selected when re-opening 1Password

Options
rwakeford
rwakeford
Community Member

Having separate categories on the right is bad enough but why can't 1Password remember the last category selected on re-opening instead of ALWAYS going back to "Categories"? Like the majority of users here (having read lots of posts), I predominantly use Logins, so why can't it stay selected, no matter whether 1Password is restarted after an update or a close down?

1Password Version: 8.4
Extension Version: 8040023
OS Version: OS 11.6
Referrer: forum-search:remembering category selected

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rwakeford!

I have just tested this and the app remembered which category I was in before I quit it. What is the exact 1Password version you are running? For reference, I tested this with version 80400010.

• rwakeford
    rwakeford
    Community Member
    Options

80400023 and OS 11.6 on a MacBook Pro. Just tried several times again. It stays in my Personal vault but always goes back to "All Categories" no matter which category I leave it in when closing..

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @rwakeford. I was able to reproduce that on 80400023. I'll file an issue for further investigation. :+1: Appreciate you reporting this.

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#10923

• rwakeford
    rwakeford
    Community Member
    Options

Still the same in 25 unfortunately. I'm sure it'll be rectified soon though. ;-)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed @rwakeford, the report is still open internally, but hopefully it should be addressed in an update soon ;)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Today I just was wondering about this issue because I remember it was fixed some builds ago.
    Till today, I used the latest NIGHTLY-build which had this issue. And so I switched back to the latest BETA-release (80400019) and the issue is still there.
    Every time you close / minimize the Windows app and reopen it, the selection moves back to "All Categories".
    Please fix it. :)

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for confirming, @DenalB.

Ben

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben
    I just found out that after restarting my PC, not only the category switched back to "All Categories". Also, the collection was lost, and I had to switch back to my created collection with my personal vault only in it. Strange...

• Thanks @DenalB, I can reproduce this issue and we are hunting down that bug now. 💜

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

we are hunting down that bug now

Great to read that, @ag_andrew ! :+1:
    Actually I'm using 80400033 NIGHTLY and this bug still sucks. Looking forward to a fix. :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Just installed build 80400039-NIGHTLY, and it seems like the issue is fixed! Collection and selected category is remembered when restarting 1Password. :love:

Thanks! :+1:

• Glad to hear it's fixed for you @DenalB! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.