Bring back password reveal when pressing alt key

Options

In 1Password 7 password fields for an item were revealed while the alt key was pressed. I used this all the time when looking at an item, for example when comparing a password or a token. Having to manually show the field is not the same as it takes two clicks, doesn’t show all fields at once, and most importantly doesn’t hide the field automatically again.

Thank you!

1Password Version: 8.4.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.0.1

Comments

• Good morning, @mxlje. Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. We've actually changed this keyboard shortcut in 1Password 8 to be ⌘R (for reveal) instead of using the Option key. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

• mxlje
    mxlje
    Community Member
    Options

Good morning,

thank you for your reply! Glad to hear there still is a shortcut, I guess I could have figured that out myself by looking through the menus.

While it works, I personally preferred the hold down to reveal, let go to hide mechanic of the Option key. I can see that having a more standardized shortcut using a modifier also has its advantages though. Also CMD+R in my head is very tightly coupled to refreshing something, which I don’t think makes sense in this case.

I’ll use the new shortcut and see how it feels. Thank you for your time.

• I totally hear you about having ⌘R mapped to "refresh" in my mind. Thanks for giving it a shot and let me know how you find it.

This discussion has been closed.