[Bug] [Windows] 1Password unable to scan the TOTP QR code on Twitter

Options

Unable to scan the TOTP code on the Twitter website showing the error "No QR found for 2FA".

1Password Version: 80400040
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: Windows 10 21H1
Referrer: forum-search:scan twitter qr

Comments

• Hey @prakharaug, sorry to learn you've run into this issue! I have passed your report along so we can investigate this. Thanks again for letting us know - you should hear more from us soon!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @prakharaug ,

Can you please try reaching that TOTP setup page again to reveal the QR code, then try to reduce or increase the zoom level of your browser (CTRL and + to increase zoom, CTRL and - to decrease), then try to scan the QR code and see if it works?

I just tested this and the QR code was scanned successfully so it might be that on your setup 1Password is unable to scan the QR on Twitter if it is too big and stretched or too small and busy, according to your screen's resolution or browser zoom level.

Let us know if that was it.

• prakharaug
    prakharaug
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron Thanks a lot for the workaround. 1Password was able to scan the QR code when I zoomed out to 90%. But why is that so??

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad to hear it @prakharaug ,

Some QR codes have their patterns too far apart or too close together for our reader to properly be able to decipher it, so zooming in/out will usually help.
    Though this is an exception, not the rule. QR scanning will usually work without the need to deal with zooming in/out :)

• prakharaug
    prakharaug
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm... BTW thanks 👍

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're most welcome :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.