Some Items won't be tagged from dragging and dropping items in tag to another

Options

I am re-organizing my tags and I feel like moving (58) items already in a tag to another one that is a nested tag. In the old tag, I selected all the items by pressing CTRL+A. And I dragged and dropped all the items to that nested tag.
Unfortunately, only 34 or so items were added to the new tag and the remaining items weren't added.

Even with a few items all selected, some of them wouldn't be added the new tag. I had to manually assign the items.

1Password Version: 80400023
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @doio!

Even with a few items all selected, some of them wouldn't be added the new tag.

Did you get an error message when this happened, or did you just notice it because the new tag was not applied to these items?

• doio
    doio
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana
    No error message. The new tag was not applied to those items. It would ALWAYS leave out some items.

• Hi @doio,

Have you noticed a common element for the items that aren't getting the new tag when dragged and dropped? For example, are they all a certain item type(s), such as Logins, or they all have custom icons.

Could you try dragging and dropping several separate items and see whether it works for those items?

• doio
    doio
    Community Member
    edited October 2021
    Options

@ag_preet

I created a [test] tag and tried moving all the items at once to that additional tag and 2 were not tagged properly.
    One was a Login, the other one was also a login but its website was "app://xxxx". No custom icons were added to items.

Selecting only a few works every time (although I've only done this a couple of times).

Then I created a [new test] tag, this time several different items were being left out. One was a Note, the others were all Logins.

This is so random and all I can tell you is if you select all items in one tag and you wish to move to another tag by drag-and-drop, some items (probably the last few ones) will always be left out.

Please please look into this and hopefully a fix will be implemented.

• Dom_1P
    Dom_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@doio

I was able to reproduce the issue as you described it.

After selecting about 64 1Password items, I drag + drop them onto a tag in the side bar. A small number of the items I dropped were actually updated (about 6-12).

I have opened an issue for this and we will look into getting it fixed. Thank you for the report!

This discussion has been closed.