I cannot find 1Password icon in Chrome browser on my Android 9 phone

mbujar
mbujar
Community Member

I cannot find the way for autofilling by 1Password on my Android 9 phone. I selected Autofill in 1Password app, but it does not work. I cannot find 1Password icon in Chrome browser on my Android 9 phone. How to install it on the phone?

1Password Version: 1Password for Android v. 7.9
Extension Version: Unknown
OS Version: Android 9
Referrer: forum-search:I cannot find 1Password icon in Chrome browser on my Android 9 phone

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mbujar!

If you use an Android device, you don't need 1Password in Chrome, you just need to enable autofill. Then when you tap on a login form, 1Password should show up automatically below the form fields for you.

Are you experiencing the issue in every app and website, or in a specific one?

• mbujar
    mbujar
    Community Member

Thank you for your rapid reply.
    I think I know what I did wrong. When introducing a new login on 1Password website on my corporate laptop (on which I cannot install 1Password), I inserted only the title, the username and the password. I did not insert the website info of this new login.
    Later, when signing in on my Android phone (with 1Password app installed), 1Password was not showing up/suggesting any autofilling. Is the non-introduction of the website info when introducing the new login the reason that 1 Password does not work?
    To conclude, is inserting the website info essential when introducing a new login directly on 1Password website?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mbujar:

Is the non-introduction of the website info when introducing the new login the reason that 1 Password does not work?

It is :) The website field is what tells 1Password where to show up. If that field is empty, 1Password will never suggest that login to you since it does not match any website.

• mbujar
    mbujar
    Community Member

Do I have to insert in the website field a full, often very long sign-in website link like:
    https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/identifier?elo=1&flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=ServiceLogin
    Or a shorter, main link like:
    www.google.com
    Or just a key word will be enough like:
    google

• @mbujar 1Password will look for the domain. So if you save any logins with google.com, they should appear when you're on any subdomain within google.com.

The full domain helps 1Password to know exactly when to show you logins, though. I would recommend using our browser extension or app to save your logins so that the URLs get saved in them automatically. It's a much easier way to save logins, and that way 1Password is more easily able to fill them.

• mbujar
    mbujar
    Community Member

Thank you.
    But the problem is that I cannot save my login in 1Password on my Android phone with 1Password installed.
    When I follow the instruction:
    "To save a login, sign in to your account on the website. 1Password will ask you to save your username and password. Click Save in 1Password."
    the small window "Save in 1Password" does not actually show up.
    So I thought that apart from 1Password app installed on my phone I need also Chrome browser extension to be installed on my phone.
    I have ticked all 4 boxes in 1Password app:

• Autofill
    • Accessibility
    • Autofill previews
    • Auto-copy one-time passwords
      Do you have any idea why I still do not see the window "Save in 1Password"?
  • @mbujar Thanks for getting back to me. If you're using 1Password on a computer as well as your Android device, it's easy to use the browser extension to save your Logins there. The browser extension doesn't work on Android so you won't be able to install it in Chrome and use it there. If you're just using Android, you'll only be prompted to save Logins using Autofill. In Chrome in particular, this requires the latest version of 1Password.

Can you let me know what version you have installed on Android?

• mbujar
    mbujar
    Community Member

1Password on Android version 7.9.
    I also use it on my corporate laptop but I am blocked by the Administrator to install the app and extension :(.

• I see, thanks @mbujar. We just released version 7.9.1 which will be rolling out over the week. Please update to that version when it's available to you, and you should be able to save Logins in Chrome after!

This discussion has been closed.