Safari Extension under iOS 15 always shows items from all vaults

Options
Kepi
Kepi
Community Member
edited November 2023 in iOS

With the new Safari Extension under iOS 15 (which is fantastic, by the way), when you tap on the account selector in the upper right corner and choose just one of your signed in accounts, the inline popup in form fields within the browser contents will still show items from all signed in accounts.

Is there a way to have the inline popup respect the selection from the Extension's "main view" (the one you get to from tapping on 1Password in the extensions bar in Safari).

There's no settings for the extension in the main 1Password app like there is from 1Password in the Browser which at least lets you disable specific vaults and/or accounts from the Include In All Vaults list.

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: 7.8?
OS Version: iOS 15

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Kepi!

I just wanted to tell you that I have passed your feedback to the developers about this. They have an open feature request for this, so I have added you to the list of users who would find this useful :+1:

ref: dev/core/core#10017

• HinghamHarborMan
    HinghamHarborMan
    Community Member
    Options

+1

I still use a separate vault for archiving some items, and I don't want to see these in the new extension.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Came here to ask request the same thing. I’m seeing items from lots of my vaults that I’ll never use or need on iOS and don’t want to see these items. Please use the vault we select in the extension for the field drop down options.

• sharik14
    sharik14
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for me on this. This is a HUGE HUGE privacy issue. I have set up certain vaults not to be shown, and currently al items are showing from all vaults. This was a major differentiator for 1Password vs LastPass, and I really loved it. Please consider restoring this functionality!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you all for the feedback, noted!

• @Kepi, @HinghamHarborMan, @reck, and @sharik14

Thank you for the feedback that you previously provided letting us know that you'd like to be able to choose which vaults are used by 1Password for Safari on iOS for suggestions. I'm happy to share that this feature is now available in 1Password for iOS! 🎉

If you haven't already, please make sure that you're using the latest version of 1Password for iOS: How to keep 1Password up to date

Then follow these steps to choose which vaults you see in 1Password for Safari on iOS:

1. Open Safari and navigate to any website.
    2. Tap the aA icon in the address bar, then tap 1Password
    • If you're using an iPad, tap the 1Password icon in the address bar.
    1. Tap on the icon with three lines inside of a circle, then tap Settings.
    2. Scroll down to, or tap, Accounts & Vaults.
    3. Turn off any vaults whose items you don't wish to see suggested in Safari.

Thank you again for your continued feedback and support, it helps us improve and make 1Password even more useful for you and the community as a whole. 😊

-Dave

• Kepi
    Kepi
    Community Member
    Options

Well hot dang! Thanks for the heads up, @Dave_1P!

• @Kepi

Thanks again for the feedback! 🙂

-Dave

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for coming back and letting us know. Good news

• @reck

Thank you for letting us know that the feature is important to you and your workflow. 🙂

-Dave

• sharik14
    sharik14
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @Dave_1P ! Is there anything equivalent on the desktop (macOS) browser plugin, e.g. the Safari plugin? I can't figure out a way to hide certain collections (or select only certain collections). Thanks!

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2023
    Options

@sharik14

Thanks for the question! On both macOS and iOS/iPadOS, 1Password for Safari isn't aware of collections. However you can hide certain vaults by following these steps:

1. Open Safari on your Mac.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar and click Settings.
    3. Click Accounts & vaults.
    4. Turn off any vaults that you don't want to see suggestions from.

I hope that helps!

-Dave

ref: PB-37528648

• sharik14
    sharik14
    Community Member
    Options

Aha! - I didn't think to right-click on the toolbar icon. Thank you!!

In case anyone else runs into this – I was looking for something similar in the Quick Access search pane. I hadn't realized you could click the collection to the right of the search field and choose to select different collections for search! But you can. Fantastic.

• @sharik14

I'm happy to help, thanks for sharing the tip about changing collections in Quick Access with the community. 🙂

-Dave