Make search focussed by default with "Show 1Password" keyboard shortcut.

Options

While "Show Quick Access" is great, I prefer the full 1Password interface (and generate password is not available from quick access?)

But it's really cumbersome that every time I toggle the full app with "Show 1Password" keyboard shortcut, the "All Accounts" dropdown has focus. I can't just type to start searching. I have to click or CMD-F to search, usually after I spend a few seconds wondering why it is not working, before I remember.

Also I really appreciated being able to access the password generator quickly in previous versions. Sometimes I just need a password, and I don't care about making a "login" item. I liked that it would save generated passwords, and later offer to upgrade those "password" items to "login" items, if needed. That seems to be gone in the full app and quick access.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11

Comments

• Hi @mrmachine, I'm glad you're finding some of the new 1Password 8 features useful and at the same time you've uncovered a bug! The search field is indeed meant to be focused when you bring up the main 1Password 8 window but it looks like we've missed an edge-case where it isn't being focused when you bring up the window via the shortcut (or menu bar).

I'll get that filed so that we can get it fixed up.

Thanks so much for letting us know; it helps make 1Password better for everyone! 💜

This discussion has been closed.